We all have our favorite places to shed and they change from time to time. I’ve decided to devote this post to the best places for this year, based on recommendations and observations over the last year.
1. Anything that complements the color of your fur. For instance, Gemini should avoid shedding on brown material as she is mostly brown. A lovely cream outfit looks nice against her fur. I need to beware the cream but should go for the dark brown or better yet, the nice green blanket that lies on the human male’s side of the bed.
I give this spot that complements my fur a three paws up.
2. Shed on the furniture after it has been vacuumed. This way fur stays where it needs to stay for the longest period of time.
This is a three paws up place unless you have furniture that complements the color of your fur, then it’s five paws up.
3. Shed in visible places. It does no good to shed in the closet where no one can see your markings.
Visible places have a variety of ratings. They begin with the one paw up place which may include the carpet in a high trafficked area to a great big five paws up for the highly trafficked sofa that complements your fur.
4. Shed on the clothing in the closet. This is the best of all. Choose outfits that are favorites. Make sure to shed especially heavily on anything that is dry clean only.
Regular outfits are a three paws up. Dry Clean only is a four paws up. However this is only true if it compliments the color of your fur.
5. Food shedding. It’s tough to get your fur in the food. Ordinary dinner for your main human is only a two paws up (for difficulty). Fancy dinner for guests: PRICELESS!