I didn’t have as many entries as I would have liked but it was a good contest and had some very nice ideas. It was a tough call.
By Order of Her Imperial Majesty Cheysuli the Feline of Chignall Duntisbourne, here are the winners:
First, a Special Mention. Latte had a great post and although the other voters didn’t vote for him, we decided we would give $10.00 in his name to the Siamese Cat Rescue. I already have something to mail out to him and we’ll get that out along with the other prizes.
So In THIRD place we have Tiggrprr, OC and Carma.
1) Lay off the ‘Nip until after the election. Nothing can derail a promising candidacy like a drug-fueled indiscretion. If you must be around it, take a cue from previous presidents, DON’T INHALE (or at least, pretend not to)!
2) While laying off the ‘Nip can be difficult, it’s also important to resolve to stop catting around with every tomcat you see. A sex scandal can have equally destructive consequences. If you must have a dalliance (what cat doesn’t long for a little “grooming” on a long, lonely night?) make sure the Woman doesn’t have a camera to take “cute pictures” of you and your “new friend”.
3. Resolve to further hone your ability to say one thing, and do another. As a cat you have a natural advantage, having practiced for years the art of being cute and cuddly for food, headrubs and general attention only to run away, or worse put the bitey on the hand that feeds/cuddles you, as soon as you achieved your goal. This skill will come in VERY handy in Washington.
Congratuations. #2 should be easy, as I will be making Latte my one and only as he seems to think that we should become more serious–and beyond the romance of things, practically speaking, he’s right.
In SECOND place we have Dragonheart!
- Every day, Chey should click on “The Animal Rescue Site” (which helps provide food for shelter animals) and on the “Race For Pets in Need” (which helps the Humane Society of the United States’ Rural Area Veterinary Services program). These are both very good causes, and it only takes a moment of time to help! As a bonus, Chey could provide links to these sites from her site, demonstrating that she supports these causes.
- Chey should continue to participate in Meezer Monday and Frootbat Friday, so that she remains in the public eye, an important consideration when running for office. Her photos on these days should be flattering, so that the public has a positive image of her.
- Chey should hire a Personal Trainer to ensure that her diet and exercise regime are adequate for her needs. As she is running for office, Chey should maintain her sleek, svelte and regal Siamese appearance.
Congratulations as well. I have to admit that #3 was probably what brought you down. Me, need a personal trainer?!
And for FIRST place we have
1) Chey should schedule one day a week (at least) for nothing but fun and relaxation purposes because she works so hard.
2) She should consider marriage because most presidents aren’t single and, besides, she’ll need someone to support her emotionally during this potentially stressful campaign for president in 2008.
3) She should begin traveling throughout the blogosphere, shaking virtual paws and licking kittens (voters *love this)! A photographer should be present at all times!
It was really #3 that did it. Everyone loved the idea of making a resolution to out and lick kittens. Personally I was voting for the day off one…
So, if everyone who won could email me their snail mail address for their physical gifts, that would be great. Latte, we have yours from our last request! My email is Cheysuli AT mysiamese DOT com
We will be ordering from Cafepress (and hoping we can get them to ship directly to everyone) on Sunday. If we can only use one address, it might delay the sending out of the prizes. Luxor and Dragonheart, please include which cat you would like to sponsor at Best Friends!
We actually pretty much liked everyone’s entries and you’ll probably be seeing some of your suggestions on the blog over the next few months even if you didn’t win, although the t-shirt design may take awhile, Mom Robyn, it IS on the list!
Skeezix, I am really looking forward to that pink pillbox hat.