1. Performer. While we can’t all be Kukka-Maria, there are a number of semi famous cats in the performing arts. After, all there was Bob the Weather Cat on KATU in Portland about 10 years ago. There was the lovely Siamese in the original That Darn Cat (I realize it’s been remade, but I HATED that version–some semi longhaired cat when the book called for a MEEZER!). There was the Siamese that got the walk on in the ill-fated Snakes on a Plane. Let’s not forget the ever beloved Morris.
2. Pan Handler. We all know these cats. They run around and beg food or steal it from yards until someone takes them in and adopts them. Gemini started out this way as did Georgia.
3. Cat blogger. Yes, blogging cat actually make you some money. I, myself, have earned a wopping $23 from my blog. If you are really popular you can earn a bit more by advertisements on your blog. This can really bring in the chow.
4. Cat food tester. We are all wondering how we get such a job, aren’t we?
5. White House Cat. Socks certainly had one of the best positions in the country. Imagine secret service following you around to serve your every need and you don’t even have to make the big decisions!
6. Politician. We sleep. We eat. We get fat. Haven’t you heard of political fat cats? Hello!
7. Filmmaker. It offers us a chance to show off our creativity and then be rewarded for it. Look at Skeezix
8. Mattress Softness Control. As great nappers, we’d be shoe ins. I think humans ought to remember this.
9.Yoga insructor. With our lithe, stretchy body’s, we’d drive humans crazy with our moves! They could learn a lot.
10. Meditation instructor. We do this now for no pay. We ought to get paid for this hard work!
11. Detective. I can go on and on about my peers in literature. DC Randall was one of the first in the Gordon’s Mystery Series that inspired That Darn Cat. Of course, now there’s the Cat Who series, but DC holds a special place in my heart
12.Model. Look at all those cats who do such great poses. Think of how many strollers Skeezix has sold by using one. Think of how much cat food I could sell just by being shown with a can! Think of Morris, although he was more of a performer than a model. Still sitting for stills could be lucrative.
13. Exterminator. Look at how well Latte keeps the couch monsters at bay or Gemini keeps the invisible bugs at bay. We are NATURALS. In fact, that might be why we domesticated humans–so we’d have more things to catch…
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Caylynn 2.ali 3. MommyBa 4. carmen 5. maggie 6. Darla 7.Merlin 8. Kukka-Maria 9. Sadie 10. Barb 11. Domestic Goddess 12. Candy Minx 13. Zeus 14. N. Mallory 15.Sparky 16. Mya Pinyan 17. Susan 18. tiggerprr 19. Tink 20. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants