(Katie from Glogirly is offering us this great guest post on how you too can Find Chey when she’s lost!)
Chey invited me and my SmartyPants here to share some of my Super-Secret-Smartypants Tips for finding Chey on Friday. Now I don’t often let just ANYONE look inside my pants, but I’m making an exception today. All for the greater good of Finding Chey.
Some cats think my pants are magic or have superhero powers. Well they ARE pink, but contrary to popular opinion, they’re not REALLY magic. So get ready, because I’m going to share my…
Katie’s Top 4 Tips for Finding Chey on Friday
1. Act FAST.
Find Chey Friday usually posts at midnight EST. So for me that means I’m actually looking for Chey late on a Thursday night. Snoozers lose.
2. Zoom in and hope for a stroke of luck.
Sometimes all it takes is a closer look at Chey’s photo to see a detail you might actually recognize. Granted this only works about 2% of the time. But when it does, you’ll feel SUPER smart.
This is a 3 step process, but often yields great results.
- Save Chey’s photo to your desktop by either dragging it there or right clicking on it and selecting “Save Image to Desktop.”
- Use any photo editing software program to quickly crop out the decorative border and as much of Chey as you can get rid of. (sorry, Chey)
- Go to GOOGLE IMAGES, click on the little camera button in the search bar and upload your image. Click your heels three times and then click the search button.
Google will show you a myriad of similar images. Though it can be a little like looking for a needle in a haystack, you may strike gold and find the same or a similar image.
When Chey found herself stranded with this grizzly bear, I knew I had to act fast. So I followed steps A, B & C. As I started looking through the images Google had pulled up for me, I saw a similar photo someone took while on vacation in Alaska. She had a blog and had written that the only grizzly she saw on her trip was in the Anchorage airport. SCORE. Chey was found.
4. When all else fails, just ASK Google.
You’d be surprised what you can find by just entering a description of what you’re looking for and clicking that little blue button.
Pick out unique details from the photo and come up with a specific description like:
- Palm tree on pedestal outside…
- Bronze sculpture of man sitting…
- Wax museum with Paul Newman and Robert Redford from Sting…
You might have to try this a few times, rewording your search criteria & description before it yields the right clues.
When steps 1, 2 and 3 failed me on this crazy looking pencil building, I did just an ordinary Google search for “Giant Pencil on Storefront.” Then I narrowed my search to images and ….VOILA! I found the Wytheville Office Supply Store in Wytheville Virginia.
Good luck everyone! I hope you’ll all get comfortable in your own SmartyPants. Make sure they’re clean for the next Find Chey Friday!
Visit the hilarious, award-winning GLOGIRLY and laugh your fluffy you-know-what off.